We all know how extreme weather conditions affect the materials by which the vehicles are made of. No matter how expensive or cheap your car was, there’s no doubt that they all are important to each one of us. Then there are classics, vintages, and extremely expensive automobiles that ought to be protected. They deserve the proper care that they deserve because if not, things could be quite mixed up.
Here are 5 tips to properly store your car in the winter.
- Clean it wellYou do not want your vehicle to sustain colder conditions with accumulated dirt. That is not good from upholstery to subtle engine parts. Hence, either take your vehicle to a good car wash and get it thoroughly cleaned so you don’t have to worry about it. On the other hand, it should be a natural instinct to wash your car before locking it up for a considerably longer time.
- Fill its tanksVintage and classic cars have a fair tendency of resulting clogged fuel filters and forming more rust in time. In addition, empty tanks might form layers of moisture that can damage the interior. This is why it might be a good idea to fill the tanks up with a good quality fuel before escorting the vehicle to either your garage or an off-site car storage, which is the better option because no home garage can keep your vehicle from being frozen to death.
- Consult a specialistNot all car respond the same to extreme coldness, this is why you need to consult a good mechanic, an electrician, or even an experienced person on what to do. This sort of knowledge aren’t available in the internet because those tips and hacks are personally discovered and practiced ones. But in the end of the day, if you have a car enthusiast friend, it is probably the best to ask for their help and advice too.
- Storing off-siteNot all of us have airtight garages, even if you do have a great garage, the bills that’ll come out at the end of the season can be quite high. Given that, there will be heaters and geysers running daily, any extra electrical consumption could cost you a fortune. But the best thing about outsourced vehicle storage Perth is that, they don’t charge you for the bills but at a proper service standard which is extremely cheap compared to the initial condition. It is in fact the best option.
- Know the dimensions of your carThere is no point in hiring an excessively large storage unit because that’s just going to cost you a lot. In addition, too small places just might not contain the vehicle in the best way. To get rid of all these complications, the best thing is to go for a recognized company where you will be properly helped.
Storing might be easy but properly storing is quite difficult. That’s why you need to follow these guidelines because if not, your vehicle could die of the coldness.